Ready, set, go!
On R-exercises, you will find hundreds of exercises that will help you to learn R. We’ve bundled them into exercise sets, where each set covers a specific concept or function. An exercise set typically contains about 10 exercises, progressing from easy to somewhat more difficult. In order to give you a full picture of all the amazing content on this website, we’ve categorized all sets into broader topics below.
If you’re completely new to R, we suggest you simply start with the first topic, “Vectors”. Once you’ve managed to work through all exercise sets, from top to bottom, you should have a fair amount of knowledge of, and practical experience with, using R. Of course, those of you who are familiar with R already, can jump straight to any of the topics below.
New exercise sets are added on a daily basis. Subscribe to R-exercises to receive daily updates by email.
Note: For future updates to the overview below, please have a look here.
Exercise sets by Topic
- Regular sequences
- Logical vectors and operators
- Missing Values
- Character vector exercises
- Index vectors
Object modes and attributes
Arrays and matrices
Lists and dataframes
- List exercises
- Data frame exercises
- Merging Dataframes Exercises
- Accessing Dataframe Objects Exercises
- Summary Statistics With Aggregate()
- Data Shape Transformation With Reshape()
Loops and conditional execution
- Start plotting data!
- Customize a scatterplot exercises
- Graphics parameters exercises
- 3D plotting exercises
- Data Table – Data table exercises: keys and subsetting
- Lattice – Lattice exercises – part 1
- Lattice – Lattice exercises – part 2
- Zoo – zoo time series exercises
- Become a Top R Programmer Fast with our Individual Coaching Program
- Explore all our (>4000) R exercises
- Find an R course using our R Course Finder directory
- Subscribe to receive weekly updates and bonus sets by email
- Share with your friends and colleagues using the buttons below