In the exercises below we cover how we can Access and Manipulate Biological Data bases through rentrez & seqinr packages
Answers to the exercises are available here
If you obtained a different (correct) answer than those listed on the solutions page, please feel free to post your answer as a comment on that page.
Print all the available data bases which you can access through rentrez package
Print all the searchable terms in a database
Display the details of any database of your choice
Retrieve and print 10 ids of nucleotide sequences from nuccore database about Human.
Retrieve and print 20 ids of protein sequences from protein database about Human.
Create a Fasta File for a particular human protein sequence from the listed ids.
Create a Fasta File for a particular human nucleotide sequence from the listed ids.
Open the Nucleotide Fasta file and print the details using seqinr package.
Open the Protein Fasta file and print the details using seqinr package
Open the Nucleotide Fasta file and print only sequence from the created Fasta file striping all other information.
- Become a Top R Programmer Fast with our Individual Coaching Program
- Explore all our (>4000) R exercises
- Find an R course using our R Course Finder directory
- Subscribe to receive weekly updates and bonus sets by email
- Share with your friends and colleagues using the buttons below