Disclaimer: If you sign up for a course using this link, R-exercises earns a commission. It does not impact what you pay for a course, and helps us to keep R-exercises free.
With “Introduction to R”, you will gain a solid grounding of the fundamentals of the R language!
This course has about 90 videos and 140+ exercise questions, over 10 chapters. To begin with, you will learn to Download and Install R (and R studio) on your computer. Then I show you some basic things in your first R session.
From there, you will review topics in increasing order of difficulty, starting with Data/Object Types and Operations, Importing into R, and Loops and Conditions.
Next, you will be introduced to the use of R in Analytics, where you will learn a little about each object type in R and use that in Data Mining/Analytical Operations.
After that, you will learn the use of R in Statistics, where you will see about using R to evaluate Descriptive Statistics, Probability Distributions, Hypothesis Testing, Linear Modeling, Generalized Linear Models, Non-Linear Regression, and Trees.
Following that, the next topic will be Graphics, where you will learn to create 2-dimensional Univariate and Multi-variate plots. You will also learn about formatting various parts of a plot, covering a range of topics like Plot Layout, Region, Points, Lines, Axes, Text, Color and so on.
At that point, the course finishes off with two topics: Exporting out of R, and Creating Functions.
Each chapter is designed to teach you several concepts, and these have been grouped into sub-sections. A sub-section usually has the following:
- A Concept Video
- An Exercise Sheet
- An Exercise Video (with answers)
What are the requirements?
- Basic proficiency in math – vectors, matrices, algebra
- Basic proficiency in statistics – probability distributions, linear modeling, etc
- A high speed internet connection
What am I going to get from this course?
- 90 videos (15+ hours)
- To educate you on the fundamentals of R
- 140+ exercise problems
- To accelerate your learning of R through practice
Who is the target audience?
- Enterprise Data Analysts
- Anyone interested in Data Mining, Statistics, Data Visualization
- Become a Top R Programmer Fast with our Individual Coaching Program
- Explore all our (>4000) R exercises
- Find an R course using our R Course Finder directory
- Subscribe to receive weekly updates and bonus sets by email
- Share with your friends and colleagues using the buttons below