Disclaimer: If you sign up for a (paid) course using this link, R-exercises earns a commission. It does not impact what you pay for a course, and helps us to keep R-exercises free.Course Description
If you are looking for that one course that includes everything about data visualization with R, this is it. Let’s get on this data visualization journey together.
This course is a blend of text, videos, code examples, and assessments, which together makes your learning journey all the more exciting and truly rewarding. It includes sections that form a sequential flow of concepts covering a focused learning path presented in a modular manner. This helps you learn a range of topics at your own speed and also move towards your goal of learning data visualization with R.
The R language is a powerful open source functional programming language. R is becoming the go-to tool for data scientists and analysts. Its growing popularity is due to its open source nature and extensive development community. R is increasingly being used by experienced data science professionals instead of Python and it will remain the top choice for data scientists in 2017. Large companies continue to use R for their data science needs and this course will make you ready for when these opportunities come your way.
This course has been prepared using extensive research and curation skills. Each section adds to the skills learned and helps us to achieve mastery of data visualization. Every section is modular and can be used as a standalone resource. This course covers different visualization techniques in R and assorted R graphs, plots, maps, and reports. It is a practical and interactive way to learn about R graphics, all of which are discussed in an easy-to-grasp manner. This course has been designed to include topics on every possible data visualization requirement from a data scientist and it does so in a step-by-step and practical manner.
We will start by focusing on “ggplot2” and show you how to create advanced figures for data exploration. Then, we will move on to customizing the plots and then cover interactive plots. We will then cover time series plots, heat maps, dendograms. Following that, we will look at maps and how to make them interactive. We will then turn our attention to building an interactive report using the “ggvis” package and publishing reports and plots using Shiny. Finally, we will cover data in higher dimensions which will complete our extensive tour of the data visualization capabilities possible using R.
What are the requirements?
- Familiarity with R and experience with basic R programming is required to leverage this Integrated Course completely.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Create professional data visualizations and interactive reports
- Enhance the user experience using dynamic visualisation
- Deepen your knowledge by adding bar-charts, scatterplots, and time series plots using ggplot2
- Gain insight into how data scientists visualize data using some of the most popular R packages
- Build an assortment of interactive maps, reports, and more
- Test your coding limits by creating stunning interactive plots for the web
- Understand how to apply useful data visualization techniques in R for real-world applications
Who is the target audience?
- This Integrated Course is useful whether someone is a hobbyist, analyst, an aspiring or professional data scientist, or even learning data visualization for the first time. Those already familiar with the basics of R, but want to learn to utilize the full power of R’s data visualization capabilities will also find this Integrated Course a match for their needs.