Disclaimer: If you sign up for a (paid) course using this link, R-exercises earns a commission. It does not impact what you pay for a course, and helps us to keep R-exercises free.
R is a statistical programming language that provides impressive tools to analyze data and create high-level graphics. This video course will take you from very basics of R to creating insightful machine learning models with R. You will start with setting up the environment and then perform data ETL in R.
Data exploration examples are provided that demonstrate how powerful data visualization and machine learning is in discovering hidden relationship. You will then dive into important machine learning topics, including data classification, regression, clustering, association rule mining, and dimensionality reduction.
What are the requirements?
- Although programming with R is not a prerequisite, it would be helpful. A background in linear algebra and statistics is expected.
- This easy-to-follow guide is full of hands-on examples of data analysis with R. Each topic is fully explained beginning with the core concepts, followed by step-by-step, practical examples and concluding with detailed explanations of each concept used.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Create and inspect the transaction dataset, performing association analysis with the Apriori algorithm.
- Compare the differences between each regression method to discover how they solve problems
- Implement the clustering method to segment customer data
- Incorporate R and Hadoop to solve machine learning problems on big data
- Visualize patterns and associations using a range of graphs and find frequent itemsets using the Eclat algorithm
- Predict possible churn users with the classification approach
- Compress images with the dimension reduction method
Who is the target audience?
- This video is for anyone who wants to enter the world of machine learning and is looking for a guide that is easy to follow.